Open dialogue and transparency in business is a healthy way in success.
PMGLOBAL conducts a social dialogue at global level through national and international bodies promoting discussion and dialogue, such as the national committee, the European committee or the strategic joint committee. This dialogue underpins the Company’s social cohesion, based on solid values of solidarity, tolerance and commitment. It also reflects the Company’s efforts to extend best practices in human resources to all entities and to promote key principles such as human rights, equal opportunities, staff diversity, and the welfare, health and safety of each employee. This initiative includes also the commitment to upholding the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining. Indeed, effective labour-management communications and such social dialogue and cohesion pave the way for the stability needed to implement the PMGLOBAL’s development strategy, and are major drivers of sustainable growth for PMGLOBAL. And this initiative of Social Dialogue and Cohesion by PMGLOBAL has some irrevocable strand-points:
- Involve employees and their representatives more closely in the development of the Company’s strategic vision and in each department’s and site’s forward-looking projects
- Implement a new approach that protects employment while collective transformations are under way, particularly to improve the utilisation rate of our businesses
- Set up social projects to promote stable employment (equal opportunity, respecting the rights of trade unions, training, health and safety, stable and sustainable employment)
- Promote eco-responsibility to support sustainable performance
- Manage and plan jobs and skills, respect stated commitments, and sustain professional gender equality
- Improve Health and Safety standards (later expanded worldwide by a unilateral decision)
- Provide an agreement on the prevention of psychosocial risks by improving working conditions and quality of work life
Further, as a natural member of the Global Compact, PMGLOBAL is also committed to respecting and promoting the ten principles set out in the UN Global Compact, inspired by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This public commitment underpins the Company’s global framework agreement on corporate social responsibility.
UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.